What pumpkin lessons did I learn in 2019?
Preparation is Key
Preparing the patch well ahead of time pays off later on in the season.
Planning your season ahead of time is a great idea. I had mixed results myself last season. But feel I am building on this every year.
Make sure you check your pumpkin, plant and patch a lot. Things can happen fast, and you need to keep on top of all of it if you want good results.
Plans can Change
Plans can change. Like when you go to an out of town pumpkin event and it is postponed to the following week. We had a great trip to Gisborne and saw 1 great pumpkin.
If there is something you want to try, try it. You never know how it will go. It might be the next winning tip to get giant pumpkins growing even bigger.
Highlights of 2019
- The start of the growing season is always a highlight
- Kumeu A&P Show and meeting the Primer Minister there
- Having my pumpkin Jerry reach the scales in one piece
- Gisborne Rd Trip
- Reaching 300 blog posts
What I’m Looking Forward to in 2020
- Growing another pumpkin in the tiny pumpkin patch
- Connecting with more growers and helping people
- Creating more video content
- Seeing more awesome pumpkins at events
What Did You Learn or What are you Looking Forward To?
You’ve made it this far. What are the biggest things you learned this week? And what are you looking forward to in 2020?
Leave a comment below.