“By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail” Benjamin Franklin”
Over the years I’ve found that if I have done some planning ahead of time, the year goes a lot smoother.
Both in giant pumpkin growing in general, and updating this website.
Being consistent is good no matter what you do.
Planning the Giant Pumpkin Growing Season
In this post I am going to talk about the planning I am doing for 2021, and what the plans are moving forward.
12 Month Period
In the past I sort of only looked at the immediate growing time. Usually from October to March/April.
But over time I’ve realised I need to look at everything as a whole year. But as our season starts in one year and ends in another I’ve had to decide on what works for me.
Each pumpkin year’s planning runs from May to April for me.
What I am Going to Plan for the Next Giant Pumpkin Growing Season
For me I plan out:
- Seed starting date (and back up seed timing)
- Key dates throughout the season – Milestone dates, events, holidays
- Blog post ideas
- Social media posts – Key dates, get more people involved
This can be a juggle, things come up. Plans change and you have to adapt.
A lot of stuff I can actually organise well ahead of time if I am disciplined right now.
And sure this is cool if you have a website and are creating content. What about a giant pumpkin grower, especially a new grower.
The Top 5 things to Plan if you want to grow a Giant Pumpkin
- Location – Do you have a location sorted for the start of the season later on in the year? What do you need to consider.
- Seed – What seed/s are you going to grow? Do you already have some, or do you need to track some down.
- What Event? – If you growing to compete, where are you going to take your pumpkin to? Do you know the rough date of this event?
- Who else can you get to grow? Having other people you know to compete with takes growing giant pumpkins to another level and is a lot of fun.
- What products or items do you need to get to help you grow during the giant pumpkin growing season?
If you’d like to get all the latest blog updates delivered straight to your inbox, sign up below.
You can get them either weekly or monthly.